About Ford's Colony
Nothing satisfies better than the rewards of a job well done.
From serving fine wine to protecting our environment, nothing escapes our attention at Ford's Colony. We are honored that our efforts have been so widely recognized.
Ford's Colony Williamsburg
- Voted the Number One Master Plan in Continental U.S. by the American Resort Development Association.
- Selected as one of the "Top 20 Retirement Communities in America" by New Choices Magazine.
- Voted one of the "Top 20 Places to Semi-retire" by Golf Magazine.
- Featured in "The 50 Best Retirement Communities in America" by Fred & Alice Lee. Published by St. Martin's Press, NY.
- Selected to Appear in the 99 Best Recreation/Residential Private Communities in America, by John Wiley and Sons Publishing, Inc.
- Selected as One of America's 100 Best Master-Planned Communities, by Where to Retire Magazine
- Selected as One of the Top 50 Golf Communities, by Luxury Golf Homes
- First Place and National Finalist, from Take pride in America
for outstanding effort on behalf of America's public lands and natural and cultural resources. Awarded by the U.S. Department of Interior and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Voted Best Subdivision, by the Virginia Gazette Best of Williamsburg Survey.
- National Community Association Hall of Fame, by the Community Associations Institute for the Ford's Colony Homeowner's Association.
- Certificate of Excellence for conserving America's natural and cultural resources. Awarded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Commendation for the preservation of endangered plants and species. Awarded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Commendation for protecting our natural resources. Awarded by the College of William and Mary.
- Commendation for preserving our historical resources. Awarded by the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
- Successive Awards by Commonwealth of Virginia, Colonial Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Letter of Recognition from the Department of Interior (Fish and Wildlife Division) for Preservation of the Small Whorled Pogonia in 1987.